At Athlos, we help schools and educators succeed through innovative EdTech. Our team is made up of entrepreneurial thinkers that like to challenge the status quo, tackle meaningful problems and positively shape K12 education. As part of the Athlos team, you will be expected to take high ownership and pride in your work, innovate and problem solve with limited oversight, and put the customers’ needs first, always.
At Athlos, our Business Development and Partner Success teams exist to acquire new and retain existing partners. We intentionally pair these two divisions here – too often the pass off from sales to partner success leaves customers feeling like “just another number.” At Athlos, we feel the progression from sales into ongoing client support is best done through consistency, familiarity and trust. Our customers aren’t just numbers to us – we are passionate about building supportive relationships, gathering regular feedback to inform product improvements and genuinely improving the lives of our partners through our offerings.
In preparation for a season of growth, our team is currently searching for a Business Development and Partner Success Specialist for this division. This position will be focused predominantly on shepherding new leads through the sales process and supporting an ongoing portfolio of partners for our Special Education Logs product. Our ideal candidate will have exceptional people skills, strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, an affinity for quick analysis and independent decision making, be a quick learner, and possess the ability to effectively handle a number of diverse and complex tasks at the same time.
- Build a robust understanding of the Athlos Special Education Logs Product. You will need to have a strong command of the product’s overall function, need and purpose in the market, key features and functions, onboarding process, system integration needs and more.
- Build a general understanding of the K12 Special Education market. You will need to know and be able to speak to key terminology (IEP, FAPE, IDEA, etc), special education law, special education funding streams, trends in special education, and more.
- Be the voice of the customer – filter and provide regular product feedback from potential and current clients to the product and software teams.
- Be familiar with other Athlos product and service offerings, though this role will not require a thorough understanding.
- Remain flexible as we innovate and revise our processes for scale. If you see opportunity for better efficiency in our processes, propose well thought-out solutions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Business Development
- Shepherd warm leads through the sales process – including, but not limited to:
- scheduling and leading video demos of the app for potential partners
- collecting intel on system integration needs
- delivering quotes and contracts
- answering questions, pulling in technical expertise as needed
- tracking down leads that have run cold
- Support the team by conducting research, as needed, into market trends, target markets, IEP management systems, state funding formulas, contact mining, and more.
- Other duties as assigned
- Partner Success
- Successfully transition new partners from sales into the partner success pipeline.
- Manage the new partner onboarding process, and successfully transition onboarded partners into the ongoing partner success churn.
- Participate in customer engagement strategies for your portfolio of clients.
- Manage the Freshdesk ticketing system for your portfolio of partners.
- Engage your partner portfolio through the annual renewal cycle to ensure a high rate of partner retention. At Athlos, our goal is to maintain a retention rate above 90%.
- Collaborate with accounting to ensure all invoice and payments are delivered and received on time for your assigned portfolio of partners.
- Stay up-to-date with the usage reports, recognizing any red flags, for your portfolio of partners. Escalate any concerns that may need addressed.
- Analyze customer feedback survey results and look for ways to improve the partner success process and approach for both enterprise and individual partners
- Provide customer service support, as needed and assigned, for individual purchasers.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience and a proven track record in a role that required exceptional customer service; a demonstrated “customer first” mindset
- Ability to learn quickly – this position will require a strong command and understanding of a potentially unfamiliar industry, market and product. Training will be provided in this regard.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize a large volume of tasks and projects
- Experience or familiarity with SaaS
- Experience with project management and collaboration tools such as Asana and Microsoft Teams
- Experience working cross-functionally (i.e. across various teams, divisions, etc) and demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- Team-player, self-starter, independent problem solver
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Generous PTO plan
- 401K match options
- Modern office space with onsite kitchen, gym, turf and court, event space and more
- Young, innovative company with opportunity for growth
- A talented, hard-working team with an appreciation for work-life balance